Post#4 Anniversary Card

Today I'm sharing an anniversary card....It looks very simple and yet there is a proper technique that has been used to make this card....It's called the faux letterpress technique which I learnt from one of my favourite blogger Jennifer McGuire...She used various doily dies for her cards but i didn't have any so I used a word die for my card instead...

Here's the link to her tutorial...
Jennifer McGuire Tutorial Video - Faux detail letterpress

The aim is to get a letterpress effect using ink on a thin die and running it through the die cut machine(A Cuttlebug in my case) to get the outline printed and the rest of the die is embossed rather than cut...

It is so much fun to learn things and try new techniques...and its even better when things turn out just the way you want them to...

Cheers,

P





Labels: , , , , , ,