Post#143 Birthday Hugs Shaker Card

After trying out this shaker card technique a couple of times with circle frame dies,I wanted to try creating a shaker card with a large heart frame....

The card base is plain orange with a silver first layer and an orange top layer...two sides of all these layers have been rounded with a punch...

To create the main heart frame,I used the two largest Kaisercraft nesting hearts dies....but since I needed to die cut more heart shapes in the same size,I used Washi tape to keep the dies together....this way all the frames were exactly the same shape...there are seven frames cut from white cardstock and stuck together to create a well to house the shaker elements..

Inside the frame,I have adhered the die cut word 'hugs' from glitter cardstock and stamped the words 'sending birthday' above it...and then all that was required was to add a bit of sequins for the shaker....

There is an acetate layer glued on top to close the shaker....and the topmost heart frame has been cut out of glitter cardstock....

I really like this bright  and glittery card...hope you do too...

P



Labels: , , , , , , , ,