Post#148 DIY Checkered Background Pattern Card

It's so much fun to create backgrounds for cards yourself....and this one has got to be one of the easiest....and its great because you can choose the colours you'd like to match your embellishments...

I'm sure most of you had one look at the card and knew exactly how the background was made...and just to confirm, I'll let you know that I made it using a ruler and my Spectrum Noir markers...

I have used glitter adhesive tape in 3 colours to decorate the top layer....I also created a tag by using two Stampin Up! punches and ribbon....the image on the tag is actually a cut out from a piece of vellum paper on which the image was stamped and coloured in....and the sentiment was stamped directly on the tag...

Once the top layer was ready,I adhered it onto a card base made from marble print green cardstock....

I hope you liked this card and the background I created.....

P



Labels: , , , , , , , ,