Split Card Design

Stamping doesn't always go to plan...especially for me...so I usually am super careful or else I end up spending too much time either trying to hide the mistake or starting again...so I decided to finally get myself the Mini Misti stamping tool by My Sweet Petunia and it's simply awesome...I even had a project tutorial bookmarked for trying out my Mini Misti...

The project is by Jennifer McGuire and called Split Card Design....I made two sets of cards after following her tutorial...Jennifer has also used heat embossing on her cards but I decided not to and assembled the card right after I stamped the top layers...

I'm sure one look at the cards and you must have worked out how these were made....I stamped one white top layer with blue ink and a blue top layer with black ink....the Misti tool comes in super handy here as both layers need to to stamped exactly the same way...I then held both these layers together under the trimmer and cut them horizontally right through the middle of the large stamped word...

All I had to do then was to swap the bottom parts of the layers and stick them onto the card base....I have used a few sequins to embellish the cards...

 Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by PriCreated

I got pretty excited about this split card technique and made another set... :)

 Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by PriCreated

Thanks so much for visiting today...Have a happy and crafty day...!!

P

Labels: , , , , ,