Pop-up Hydrangeas - Birthday Card For Me

I have chosen a few of my favorite things to create a card that I'm sharing with you on my birthday today....other than Carnations,Hydrangeas are my favorite flowers so I chose the Altenew Garden Hydrangeas stamp set for today's card...

Distress inks are another favorite of mine so I made a colourful background using them...I also like using gold and silver so I have used both...and since I love giving surprises and what better than a pop up card for that...!!

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by Pri

The card base is plain white 4"x 7 and has a slightly smaller insert for the pop- up section...to create the simple front of the card, I first splattered some metallic gold paint and let it dry...I then die cut the word 'wishes' from silver foil cardstock and stamped the word 'birthday' on a strip of gold foil cardstock...I have also added a few pink enamel dots as embellishments..


Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by Pri

I then started on the pop-up insert section...first I sponged in lots of Distress Inks to create the bright background...I have used the following shades - evergreen bough,twisted citron,mowed lawn,salty ocean,blueprint sketch and peacock feather...I then used a pop up die to create the pop up base and splattered some gold paint...I also stamped the sentiment on one corner using black ink...

On two separate pieces of watercolor paper,I simply covered them with twinkling H2O watercolour paint...once dry,I stamped the Hydrangea outlines using watermark ink and heat embossed them using silver embossing powder...since this is a layering stamp set,I stamped one of the layers with watermark ink again and heat embossed that with gold embossing powder...I did the same for the leaves before cutting out all these elements and adhering them onto the 3 pop up sections on the card insert....
Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by Pri

I have tried to upload a video to show you how this card looks when you open it...if this video doesn't work then here's a link for my Instagram profile if you'd like to take a look.. Pri on Instagram


So glad you stopped by my blog today....Hope you will have a beautiful day ahead...!!

Cheers,
Pri

Labels: , , , , , ,