CASEing For Time Out Challenge #87

The card I'm sharing today is my entry for the latest Time Out Challenges...for this challenge we had to CASE Cornelia's wonderful card...I was quite inspired to create something immediately and decided to use a cute dragon image for my card...what took most of my time was to decide how to create the background and which sentiment to use for my card..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri
I chose watercolour cardstock for my card's top layer and cut it the same size as the card front...I stamped the MFT Dragon image using Versafine onyx black ink and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder...this wasn't necessary as such but I think it makes the dragon image  much clearer and prominent...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I coloured in the dragon using Spectrum Noir markers and then masked it so I could create the background...using some scrap copy paper,I die cut a large circle from it and used the negative part of the die cut to mask the top layer...I then used a stencil and weathered wood Distress Ink to print the  background...

On a separate piece of cardstock I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from MFT stamp set called Clearly Sentimental About Emerson which has some wonderful quotes by Ralph W Emerson...I then cut the sentiment into six different strips and adhered them to the card...

And finally to embellish my card I have used a few sequins...



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today....Hope you will have a wonderful and happy day ahead...!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , ,