You Are My Happy Place - Time Out Challenge #88

The card I'm sharing today is the kind I love to create...DIY background,lots of colour but still uncomplicated with a cute image...Also,I'm entering my card in the Time Out Challenge #88...and this time the theme is 'Inspired by Words' so we have a Roald Dahl quote to be inspired by -
' If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely '

There was some great inspiration provided by the DT....I looked at all of their beautiful cards and decided to use a die cut sun as well as a rainbow background and a happy sentiment...this is how I interpreted the quote to create my card...

I started with a plain white card base and die cut watercolour cardstock for the top layer same size as the card front...I then used Peerless Watercolors,a wide paint brush and a ruler to paint the rainbow stripes for the background...once dry,I embossed this layer using a  WRMK next level embossing folder...

I used a scalloped border die and green cardstock to create a little hill for the piggy to lie on and adhered it to the top layer...I also die cut a sun from yellow and orange cardstock and used craft foam to adhere it to the card front...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

On a separate piece of cardstock I stamped the piggy and flower images, coloured them in and cut them out before adhering them to the card using adhesive foam...

I have stamped the sentiment on a dark pink shimmer cardstock strip and used pink sequins to embellish my card.. 

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog today...Have a wonderful day ahead...!!

Pri


POST EDIT - Just wanted to share that my card for the last Time Out Challenge was chosen to get 'Honours at Taking Time Out'...yayyy..!!


Labels: , , , , , ,