Bird & Butterflies- Scrapbook Boutique August Challenge

As soon as I saw the moodboard for this month's challenge at the Scrapbook Boutique blog,I went through all my stamps..didn't find anything I liked at first...a weird umbrella stamp from ages ago,small or odd looking bird stamps and no shoes stamps at all...got quite a few ideas that didn't work...but I kept going and here are the cards that I created for this challenge...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri
For my first card I chose a light grey textured cardstock for a top folding card base...I stamped the big top stamp twice on a white panel using cool graphite dye ink and then layered it with a dark grey cardstock..I added some craft foam under the top panel before adhering it to the card base...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

On a separate piece of white cardstock,I stamped the large butterfly using squeezed lemonade Distress Ink..I also stamped another butterfly using Versamark ink on Vellum and heat embossed it using silver embossing powder..I cut both butterflies out,layered them and placed them on the card front...

To make sure that the punched out butterflies are the same colour as the main butterfly,I stamped a mirror stamp using the same ink onto a scrap piece of cardstock and the punched the butterflies...I adhered morning dew Nuvo drops as embellishments on these butterflies...

I stamped the sentiment on a light grey banner using the same grey ink as the front panel and adhered it to the card front using some craft foam...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I made this second card before the butterflies card and when I was putting it together,I made a bit of a mistake on it...had a mind blank moment so I set it aside till I could fix it and started on another card...I blame it on the flu that I've just been gifted by my elder daughter.. :(

I first die cut a white top layer using large cross stitched rectangle die and stamped the bird image using buttered popcorn Ranger dye ink....I re-stamped it on my Mini Misti using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with a pearl embossing powder...

I masked the image and used a cloud stencil and Distress Inks to print the clouds all over the front panel..I used hickory smoke and weathered wood shades here..I also splaterred a bit of grey ink all over...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I stamped the sentiment on a white strip and layered it with a grey glitter cardstock...added some black craft foam underneath it before adhering it to the card front...I also stamped a few red hearts above the sentiment...

I had already fixed and re-stamped the sentiment two times and something or the other went wrong..and had glued this one onto the card when I saw a small red dot on it...it didn't come off with the sand eraser so I just went ahead and added the rhinestones and finished my card...I think I will re-do the sentiment label once I'm feeling a bit better..


Thank you for stopping by my blog today...Have a lovely & blessed day ahead....Happy crafting...!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , , , ,